Friday, December 4, 2009

Featured in Lucky Magazine

I have been waiting (not so patiently) for the January issue of Lucky Magazine to hit the stands. So every day I have been going to the grocery to see if it has arrived. And tonight, it was finally there!


I grabbed a few copies, quickly thumbed through one and weeeee! there it is on page 45. My Elephant throw pillow!!

So there I am with my 5 copies in line to check out (ok, I know 5 is more than a few). And the guy asks me...so do you know someone in this magazine? Now people, I really had not intended to fully dork out in the grocery store and tell the nice older gentleman at the register about my pillow... But guess, who went all spazzy and says "Look...here on page 45! That pillow! I designed that fabric!"? (grin, grin, grin) And then the bagger girl gets in on the acrion and wants to see the pillow and then the guy behind me in line wants to know what's going on...

It was a full-on display of Laurie dorkiness. But it was fun. :) And the pillow looks pretty darn cute in print!


5 comments:

Jennifer Ladd said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! Your story made me smile!

(imagine how many more magazines you're going to have to buy when your fabric gets released in stores around the country!!! Lots of more geek-out moments in your future!)

Cynthia Strickland Studio80 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fine Hand said...

Congratulations! love your fabric designs!

Karin Grow said...

classic! I would most likely do the same thing. Congratulations!

Rachel Carlson said...

cheers to you! missing austin right now. i was SEW happy to find your blog. happy holidays!