Monday, June 25, 2012

Finally finished

The pile of 'to be finished' projects shrunk by 2 this weekend. Yea!! I've had these two little things in process for what seems like months. So it was even more fun to get them finished this weekend since the anticipation has been building. Lately, its been hard for me to carve out much time to sew, so it always feel like its really special to get to actually sit down in front of my machine and make something.

When I started my my Next Stop London pajamas a few weeks ago, I took it upon myself to make them a bit more fitted, but ended up cutting way too much out the length in the top so they were a bit snug  :) Once I realized they were going to need some surgery, into the 'to be finished another day pile' they went. But I really wanted to get some use out of them, so yesterday, out came my trusty seam ripper... I needed to add back in about an inch or so in the length in the waist, and decided to go ahead and add a contrasting waist band from some stripes I had in my stash. In addition to the elastic, I added the adorable union jack ribbon that Laura of Craftstorming was so sweet to send me. And I even got to wear my PJs last night. I did write myself a note on my pattern to NOT shorten them again. Just in case my memory fails me and I get 'smart' about my pattern again.



I also made a new cover for my ironing board. As soon as the colors for Perfectly Perched were finished and that lovely raspberry and chartreuse was delivered, I knew exactly what that fabric was destined to become. I love how it turned out and it makes my already bright and cheery studio, even more cheery.


And keep an eye on my blog this week. A Brr! giveaway is in the works... (I think I heard a few of you shriek 'oh goodie... polar bears!')




And Olive the Ostrich is back! Hello old friend!! I have a new collection with Robert Kaufman that features Olive which will release this fall. I leave you with a quick sneak peek of a few patterns from the collection which I hope make you smile. How much do I love that selvage?





22 comments:

Johanna said...

My ironing board really needs a new cover, it is falling apart and just awful. Love all the pictures! Now you have me wanting to make my pajama pants and an ironing board cover. Olive is too cute!

Fran said...

Fabulous ironing board cover! Love the ostrich too.

Little Island Quilting said...

Those ostriches are awfully awesome!

Jennie P. said...

Oh my, I'm loving the ostriches. So cute!

pippi said...

absolutely wonderful! i like the bear to much...
and i agree to iron...**

Poppyprint said...

Well, I might love that selvage even more!!! Oh my, those ostriches are fun. I once watched an ostrich race in South Africa, with jockeys and everything. Totally wacky.

Laura said...

Yay! You finished your pjs. I really like the contrasting waistband and I'm so pleased you found a use for the ribbon. I absolutely love that Brr! line and Olive of course.

Katie Fleming said...

Such cute projects! I definitely need to do the ironing board cover as well. Add it to my imaginery list! The pjs are very adorable as well. Would have been perfect for this weekend considering the horrible tropical storm weather we have been having in Florida.

- Katie Fleming

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Yay for cute finishes, and giveaways! x

Paula said...

Love the BRRRRR!! Need some. Hope to see it soon!

Laurel Krynock said...

A couple of great finishes there! LOVE those pajama pants...the ribbon is perfect. And love the ostriches too!

Tamie said...

Ohhh, I love Olive.

janequiltsslowly said...

That ostrich fabric will need to be added to my stash. I think it may go into a word quilt "There once was an ostrich from Oregon".

Fran said...

Love your ironing board cover & pj's. Olive is SO adorable, can't wait for her release!

Andrea said...

Loves the finishes especially the board cover. Any tips for those wanting to freshen up their ironing boards too? Olive is a delight to behold...

KeyQuilter said...

cute fabs! love the turq & red. Olive might be just right for a new grand-daughter quilt!

supersara20 said...

When my sister was about 6 she screamed from the back seat of my car "STOP!!! Ostriches!!!" Of course I stopped because I lived in Maine and I wanted to see such an odd bird for the Maine wilds... turned out to be wild turkeys but since then she has been teased by our family over ostriches. I would love to make her something out of that fabric! Can't wait to see it in stores!

Dana said...

super cute pants!
I feel like I have been waiting for the polar bears for YEARS....finally they are almost here!
yay!

Kay said...

I really could do with a new ironing board cover. Love the ostrich fabric, there are 2 ostriches that live in a garden a few minutes away from us and our puppy is fascinated when we go walking nearby.

Carrie P. said...

the ostrich fabric is so cute.

Jennie said...

Laurie! I love the ironing board cover...I am going to have to get my hands on that fabric for MY ironing board! :) PS - I cannot WAIT for the ostrich fabric!! SO CUTE! :)

Studio V said...

I love the ostriches! I can't wait to get my hands on some!!!